Our mission statement reflects the critical work EANDC has been doing for 34 years: strengthening communities by providing quality housing and practical homeownership opportunities, increasing financial independence, empowering citizen involvement, and revitalizing communities.
In 2016, our generous donors helped:
- Assist 124 families purchase a home
- Provide 481 individuals/families with homebuyer classes and counseling and/or foreclosure counseling
- Supply emergency repairs for 88 homes
- Provide 1414 energy audits and full weatherization/insulation for 27 homes
- Complete 4 major community revitalization projects
- Engage 250 East Akron residents in community conversations
- Provide property management over 703 residential & commercial units in neighborhoods across the region
Our vision is to transform communities to be safe, vibrant, economically secure, and self-sustaining, and we need your assistance to continue working towards the vision.
Thank you so much for your help!
If you'd like additional information about how your donation assists the community, please contact Susan Schweitzer, Director of Development & Communications, at email@example.com or 330-773-6838.
Did you want to make a lasting impact for EANDC?
Investing in EANDC’s endowment fund at Akron Community Foundation is a way to ensure a permanent, predictable stream of funding for our mission. The East Akron Neighborhood Development Corporation Designated Fund welcomes gifts of all kinds, including cash, bequests, closely held stock, real estate, life insurance and retirement assets. Gifts can be made online at www.akroncf.org/give/EANDCFund or by calling 330-376-8522.